6 girls 1 guy

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Experience matters..................

I've realised that, in the number of months that I've been with this school, experience really matters alot. The more experience you are, the more valuable you are in the education sector. Unlike the private sectors outside.

Why? Because the students can come up with all sorts of funny situations and you have to know what is the correct method of handling it, solving the problem and not hurting the students' feelings.

For the past few weeks, there's this student of mine (from last term class), the famous problematic one, have been the brunt of his classmates' complaints. It seems that he has been around touching his female classmates! The girls are so pissed off with him and they have came to me during me lesson time to complain.

I have no choice but to inform their form teacher (which is my mentor) about it and turns out that it happened during her lessons also.

The thing is, both of us have been drilling such 'sensitive' issues to the whole again and again and yet that student still does that!

My mentor explained that it's because he has no friends in class ( all dun want to friend him because of his nonsense!) so he did that to get attention.

Just now, when i went to relieve that class, the girls came up to me and sya he was touching someone again! And one girl, in order to protect her friend, went to 'molest' him back!

Oh my god! I got '2 heads' now! i was abt to tell the boy off by threatening to call the police ( that's one method my mentor teach me, to scare him) when my mentor came in. (Cos' she was not in sch at that time so ask me to relief just in case she can't get back in time)

So I told the girls to tell my mentor waht happened instead. And me standing beside, wow! I was so impressed with my mentor man!

She said she dun want to hear the word 'molest' ( cos the student may feel digusted or will hurt the boy's feelings if it's just an exaggerattion) etc. Hmmm...........i was so impressed man! That's what I call handling sensitive issues in a professional way.

For me, this kind of situation, will just pull out the boy and scold like hell liao!

So, does'nt this come with experience?


Caizhuang
~awaitng for the time where i can be professional~

1 Comments:

  • Well Caizhuang,

    I think you can handle everything in a more professional way when u have many years of experience.Not only for teaching.E.g.Singers also sing better in their 3rd, 4th albums. They dont sing their best in their 1st album mah..

    So I think u are still a 'newcomer'in this industry of teaching. Learn along the way and in near future, u can also handle such situations in a professional way.

    Mildred

    By Blogger 6 girls 1 guy, at 7/27/2007 02:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home