6 girls 1 guy

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pondering time...................

Hahahaha....first, thanks for all your concern.

Frankly speaking, it was really a very, very ,very lousy week for me last week. Was on the verge of crying cos' I can't control the kids. Felt very very demoralised.

Then I had a talk with my colleague. She came in last Sept, also as an untrained teacher. It was then that I realised that everyone who came in at first found it tough.

Same as me, she could not control the children. Especially when she come in, it was the last term, it was even worse for her cos' they have their own habits and class rules already.

So, after talking to her, I felt better. At least I'm not the only one having this problem!

Then after last week's meeting, soemthing which our vice principal said help me alot:

" In class, we are the leaders. Our children are watching us and following our orders."

That's right. We are the ones who call the shots in class. Have to show them that they have to follow our instructions.

It was then that I sort of improve in my management skills. Class still as chaotic, but I have some confidence of myself liao.

I can sort of handle some situations. So things got slightly better for me this week.

I'm still keeping my fingers cross. Still too early for anything.


One more thing, I'm going to have my class observation soon!

Itr's actually very early for me, who has just came into the school. Other colleagues, untrained teacher as well, who came in earlier than me still haven't been observed. Mine is the week after next leh!

One senior teacher from HOD ( the form teacher whom I'm sharing subjects with) will come in and observe how I conduct my lessons.

Stress sia! I just sort of adjust to my students and she has to come and see how I conduct my lessons. Most of the time I'm trying to keep them quiet and listen to me!

So how? I'm keeping my fingers cross.


It's true that I'm not bonded, can resign anytime I like. But frankly speaking, I don't like jobs in the corporate world. I prefer jobs that deal with people. Si if I quit, dunnno what to do liao.

I'm treating teaching as a way of sharpening my presentation skills and leadership skills ( it's a very gd platform to do that).

Right now. it's a tough period for me. It I can pull thru this period, being in NIE, working in the civil sector still looks attractive.

So guys, wish me luck!

And I wish you guys all the best for your exams!

Looking forward for end of April. It's the time where you guys are free to entertain me. Hahahaahaah...........




~Caizhuang~
Keep fighting everyday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home